1. Parkland School Presentation • Principal Janice Krahn was joined by staff members Joanne Doerksen and Hilde Strempler to present an overview of the Cultural Day activities at Parkland School. • The Cultural Day is all about developing a sense of community, where relationships are built with an appreciation and understanding of one another and the diversity
Winkler Elementary School recently received financial support for one of its programs from Farm Credit Canada. Shaun Roulette, Senior Relationship Manager from FCC presented a cheque for $500.00 to Barb Neufeld, Principal of Winkler Elementary School, for the school’s Breakfast Program.
The Honourable Ian Wishart, Minister of Education and Training for the Province of Manitoba, has proclaimed that October 31 - November 4, 2016 will be Media Literacy Week in Manitoba. This announcement is intended to increase public awareness of the importance of media literacy.
The following is the E-bulletin highlighting the GVSD School Board meeting of September 13, 2016.
1. Board Re-organization 2016-2017
• Board Chair – Laurie Dyck
• Vice Chair – Tash Olfert
• Education Committee – John Klassen (chair), Leah Klassen, Garry Bueckert
• Finance Committee – Tash Olfert (chair), Brenda Willey, Laurie Dyck
• Operations Committee – Edwin Guenther (chair), Sam Berg, David Wallace
Words of welcome to all staff from the GVSD Board Chair officially launched the 2016-2017 school year. Speaking to all staff at the Sept. 6 orientation meeting at NPC, Laurie Dyck affirmed the value of looking back and celebrating our successes, and also continuing toward our goals in 2016-17.