1. Plum Coulee School Presentation
- Staff members Lori Driedger, Melanie Becker, Crystal Gavigan, and Principal Mary Eberling-Penner provided trustees with a presentation on a program called “Handwriting without tears”.
- The program provides students with a fun and exciting way to learn printing and handwriting.
- Each teacher provided some demonstrations on how the program is different from one grade to the next in some of the early years classrooms.
2. GVC Renovations
- A GVC committee has begun exploring possible future renovations for the school and a preliminary concept was shared with the board.
- The committee will continue to work on the concept and provide information to the board for consideration.
3. Staffing 2012/2013
- Over 40 positions have been posted to date.
- Shortlisting, interviews and hiring will begin as soon as possible. Based on previous years’ experiences, more positions are expected to be posted before the end of the school year.