1. Board Budget Exhibition
• On February 22, 2017 from 7:00-8:30 pm at the GVC Gymnasium, the Board is planning a Budget Exhibition to showcase the outstanding programs, students and staff supported by its budget. The goal is to inform, display, and celebrate excellence!
• Like a trade show, the format will be ‘come and go’ encouraging visitors to move through the gym taking in the exhibits showcasing the amazing things going on in our schools.
• As part of the exhibition, the Board will host a separate budget exhibit with a continuous loop presentation focused on the 2017-18 budget.
• Beverages and snacks will be provided, while trustees and staff will be present to support conversations with community members.
2. Thank You Card from Grade 4 Students at Winkler Elementary School
• The Gr. 4 students from Mrs. Cynthia Kalansky’s class at Winkler Elementary School sent trustees a big “thank you” card for the Board’s support of classroom libraries.
• The card provided numerous pictures of students excitedly reading their new books and included many comments of thanks.
3. Parkland School Grooming/Autism Room
• The existing computer lab at the school will be converted into a grooming/autism room.
• Public Schools Finance Branch has approved the renovation and given permission to solicit pricing from vendors.