1. GVC Presentation
· Principal Scott Jantzen and teacher Janet Granda provided a presentation on the Fresh Start Program and the Home Economics Department.
· The Fresh Start program has recently moved to their new location with the Bunker and currently has 16 students enrolled.
· The Home Economics Department focused on service learning this year, some of which involved raising funds for Cancer Care Manitoba and The Boundary Trails Health Centre Foundation, developing Braille books for Hochfeld School, and making Alzheimer’s quilts.
2. Strategic Plan
· In addition to the objectives established in the four year strategic plan, trustees have endorsed pursuing the goals around literacy, student user fees and technology.
· These goals will be considered during the budget process for 2012-2013.
3. Budget Public Consultations
· A public consultation meeting regarding the 2012-2013 budget will take place on February 21 @ 7:00 pm at Prairie Dale School. The Board wants your input on issues like student literacy, student user fees, and technology in GVSD Schools.
· City and Municipal Counselors will attend a separate budget consult meeting on February 22 @ 7:00 am at the Division Office.
4. Operations Projects Update
· Northlands Parkway Collegiate - The west wing exterior grade beams have been poured and the hollow-core floor has been placed on the east and west classroom wings.
· Maintenance Shop Construction Update - Preliminary discussions are taking place with a mechanical engineer and working drawings are in process.