1. MCC Donations
- Trustees approved a donation of older surplus supplies to MCC for use in Mexico.
- Schools in the division provided supplies and equipment that was no longer being used in their schools that could be very helpful to MCC.
2. Projects Update
- NPC – the east classroom brick work is well underway, as is the block work on the west wing.
- Maintenance Shop - Planning is well under way and package should be complete for spring start.
- Border Valley Staff Room Renovations – Preliminary planning has started and an initial meeting with the architect has occurred.
3. Used Bus Tender
- GVSD will participate in a bid on some used buses from Louis Riel School Division.
- These buses are slightly used and could be used to replace some of GVSD’s older buses.
- This is in addition to the 5 new buses approved in the 2012-13 budget process.
4. Literacy Coordinator
- The draft position description for the newly created Literacy Coordinator was reviewed.
- It is the objective of the Board of Trustees to provide exemplary literacy programming within the schools of GVSD.
- The position is currently posted.
5. Trustee Professional Growth
- The time focused on “Aiming for the core: improving instruction for each student”.
- It was noted that school divisions who make significant gains in achievement understand that teaching has the greatest impact on student learning.
6. High School Catchment Public Focus Group Meetings
- Trustees have received feedback from various stakeholder groups - staff, students, Advisory Councils, and parents. The information is currently being compiled.
- This feedback will be considered by the board as they deliberate on the catchment decision.
- The final decision will be made in October 2012.