1. Literacy Assessment Kits
• Trustees had an opportunity to view the Fountas and Pinnell literacy assessment kits that will be used in GVSD schools in fall 2012.
• As part of the divisional strategic plan, all grade 1 and 2 students will be assessed on literacy, with the results being used to further plan for instruction.
2. Plum Coulee Transportation
• Plum Coulee School parents are invited to attend a meeting on May 10 @ 7:00 pm to discuss additional bus routes for 2012-2013.
• There will be discussion around how the additional routes will impact ride times and the school day schedule.
3. Emerado School Landscaping
• Additional topsoil and over-seeding will take place on various parts of the school yard.
• This will create a more usable play surface for students.
4. Maintenance Shop/Storage
• A soft-shell storage facility is being erected on the site to house storage items that need to be displaced due to renovations of the current facility.
• Renovations are expected to begin by end of May.