1.Parkland School Presentation
- Staff members Kristen Mbabazi, Dwayne Wall, Theresa Klassen, and Jacqui Warkentin joined Principal Jennifer Loewen and two grade 6 students (Carah and Lani) in providing trustees with an overview of some of the service learning projects undertaken by the Cross Grading Committee.
- Throughout the year numerous service learning projects were undertaken by students and staff, some of which included “Koats for Kids”, “Christmas Cheer Board”, and the “Katie Cares Foundation”.
2.GVSD Revised Five Year Capital Plan
- The province’s recent announcement regarding reducing class sizes in the primary years would require additional spaces for GVSD.
- Trustees submitted a revised five year capital plan to the Public Schools Finance Board that would help to address these needs, as well as continued anticipated growth.
3.The Planning and Land Dedication for School Sites Act
- Representatives from the Board attended a meeting with provincial officials to provide feedback on proposed legislation that would require all planning authorities to consult with school boards on the need for school sites as part of the development plan review process.
4.Strategic Plan Update
- In order to ensure the school division is meeting the goals and objectives established for the current strategic plan, trustees have three review times a year whereby updates are provided.
- A full report of the divisional strategic plan, with updates, can be found on our website at www.gvsd.ca.