1. Literacy Action Plan Finalized
- Plum Coulee School, Border Valley School, and Winkler Elementary School have been selected to receive additional literacy supports through the Literacy Coordinator.
- Professional Development focusing on ‘Literacy Instruction in the Classroom’ will be provided throughout the year to all grade 1 and 2 teachers.
2. Student Services Review
- A committee of principals, resource teachers, clinicians and senior administration developed the GVSD Student Services Protocol.
- The goal is to foster, support, and assist in facilitating an inclusive educational environment in all schools.
3. Southwood School Parent Advisory Council Request
- The Council requested the Board change the grade configuration of Southwood from a K-3 to K-4 school.
- After considering many different factors, the Board decided the current configuration, although temporary, will continue.
- A meeting was held with the Parent Advisory Council to discuss the rationale behind the decision and to reaffirm the division’s goal to eventually have Southwood be a K-4 school.
4. Construction Updates
- NPC (New High School) - Window installs are progressing on west wing and brick hoarding is in place for Gym walls. Estimated project completion date - June 1, 2013.
- Maintenance Shop – Interior walls and insulation are started. Estimated project completion date - January 31, 2013.