1. Winkler Elementary School Presentation
- Principal Barbara Neufeld and Vice Principal Rick Sawatzky presented an update on the school plan for Winkler Elementary School. The school has been focusing on three goals for 2012-2013: literacy, implementation of the new provincial report card, and implementation of a middle years’ philosophy for grades 5-8.
2. Recognition of Service Awards
- HR Manager, Shayne Thomson, presented trustees with an overview of the new process for staff recognition awards and the various options available to staff.
- All awards will be presented to staff during staff appreciation week February 11-15.
3. 2013-2014 Division Budget
- Trustees will be holding a public consultation meeting on the 2013-2014 division budget on Wednesday, February 27 @ 7:00 pm at Winkler Elementary School.
4. Community Connections
- A group of grade 1 students from JR Walkof School will be reading with seniors at the Winkler Senior’s Centre on February 5 at 2:00 pm.
- This corresponds with “I Love to Read Month” and provides an opportunity for students to connect with others in our community.
5. Construction Updates
- NPC - The wood deck over the commons area is about half complete and window installation for the east wing is progressing.
- Maintenance Shop – Electrical, plumbing, heating, and mechanical work is well under way, with drywall and painting to be completed in January.