1.Trustee Professional Growth
- The final chapter from “Leadership for Student Learning” focused on “Staying the Course of Improvement”. Trustees discussed how this applies to the recent January 25th strategic planning.
- The Board, Senior Administration and Principals met January 25th to review the GVSD strategic plan.
- Capacity, existing goals progress reports, and possible future goals were explored.
- The Board will meet February 7, 2013 to finalize divisional goals for the upcoming year.
3.Manitoba School Boards Association (MSBA) Region 2 Meeting Report
- Highlights from the January 17th meeting in Carman were reviewed.
4. GVTA Education Finance Presentation Review
- The Board reviewed the presentation the Teacher Association made to the Executive on January 10. The Executive will discuss further at their January 31st meeting.
5. Provincial Education Funding Announcement
- On January 28th the Minister of Education announced an education funding increase of 2.3% for 2013/14.
6. Staff Appreciation / Employee Service Awards
- During the month of February Trustees will visit all division sites, bring refreshments, and present service awards to employees who have reached service milestones.
7. Operations Committee
- With no cost difference and to ensure June delivery, GVSD will once again tender buses outside the provincial tender process.
- The Board is looking at disposal options for the existing Maintenance Shop located next to the Winkler Elementary School.