1. Trustee Professional Growth Time
Trustees discussed various scenarios related to the role of school board member.
. Each scenario was reviewed through the lens of trustee code of conduct.
2. Audited Financial Statements
- Trustees approved the audited financial statements for 2012-2013.
- Actual revenues were up approximately $1,000,000.00 and actual expenses were within budget.
- In the auditor’s opinion, the financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of GVSD as at June 30, 2013.
3. NPC Parent Meeting
- Feedback from the NPC parent meeting regarding student safety was reviewed.
- The presentation from the meeting can be viewed on the school division web site at www.gvsd.ca.
- Senior administration will meet with the City of Winkler and Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation on October 22 to discuss pedestrian safety.