1. Northlands Parkway Collegiate Presentation • Principal Tammy Macdonald provided an overview of the progress of department PLC (Professional Learning Communities) goals at
1. Plum Coulee School Presentation • Principal Mary Eberling-Penner provided an overview of the K-4 literacy initiative and shared recent student results. It was noted the number of students reading at or above grade level is increasing annually, with anywhere from 75% - 93% of students reading at or above grade level. • Staff member Claire Goertzen was joined
1. Garden Valley Collegiate Presentation • Principal Scott Jantzen and Vice Principal Carrie Friesen provided a presentation on GVC’s work on belonging and engagement. • By using the 3-block model of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), GVC is working to increase students sense of belonging and engagement.
1. Divisional Strategic Plan 2016-2017 • Trustees approved the following goals as part of the division’s strategic plan for 2016-2017: o Literacy o Numeracy o Professional Learning
1. Winkler Elementary School Presentation
- Principal Barbara Neufeld, along with teachers Ashly Dyck, Sarah Hawley, Mary-Anna Aaldyk-Doerksen, Laura Unger, Alwin Friesen, and Cindy Kalansky presented an overview of the Winkler Elementary School Plan.