1. Horticulture Program – GVC is exploring the possibility of providing a revised agriculture program for the 2012-2013 school year that will focus on horticulture and landscaping, with emphasis on hands-on activities, projects, work experience and horticulture theory. Final decision to offer the Horticulture Program will depend on sufficient student registrations.
2. Cosmetology Name Change – The Cosmetology Program will have its name changed to Hairstyling to more accurately reflect the program offered. Cosmetology is a general term which contains several specializations, one of which is Hairstyling.
3. NPC Catchment – Public Consultations – The board will host meetings with parents and community members to receive input on the student catchments for GVC and NPC. Meetings will be held at Plum Coulee School and Winkler Elementary School on March 21 @ 7:00pm and at Prairie Dale School and Garden Valley Collegiate on March 22 @ 7:00 pm. The Board will make the final decision on high school catchments in October 2012.
4. Emerado Centennial School Presentation – School staff presented two priority areas for 2011-2012: professional learning communities and literacy. Teaching teams, with common planning times and common curricular schedules for interclass teaching, develop common assessment plans, plan for effective instruction, and review data collected.
1. 2012-2013 Budget Process – The Board will host the annual budget consultation meeting with the community on February 21 @ 7:00 pm at Prairie Dale School.
2. Audit Services – The board received three proposals from vendors to provide audit services to the school division. Trustees will conduct interviews prior to making a final decision.
1. NPC Construction Report – The project is currently ahead of schedule, due in large part to the mild weather through the fall and early winter. All the utilidor walls are complete and the interior grade beams are underway.
2. Request for Portable Classrooms – The Division will submit an application to the province for at least one portable classroom for Plum Coulee School.
1. Board Meetings – Trustees have decided to hold a second public board meeting on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 8:00-9:00 am.