GARDEN VALLEY SCHOOL DIVISION (Winkler MB)
“Committed to Excellence: Learning Today - Building for Tomorrow”
Applications are being accepted for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Programs and Curriculum.
Garden Valley School Division is a dynamic, innovative, and visionary school division located in the agricultural heartland of industrialized south central Manitoba. It has a student population of over 4500 and a staff of over 700. The City of Winkler, the industrial hub and home to the division’s administrative office, two high schools, and four of its eight early and middle years administrative units, has all the amenities of a larger city within a rural setting. It is a seventy-five minute drive south of the capital, Winnipeg, and twenty minutes north of the United States border.
The nine-member Board of Trustees has a strong commitment to providing high quality education within the context of the diversity and uniqueness inherent in the Division. The mission for the Division is:
“The mission of Garden Valley School Division is to facilitate excellent education for children to become good neighbours, workers and citizens.”
The Division’s operating budget for the 2017-2018 school year is approximately $50,000,000.
The Assistant Superintendent of Programs and Curriculum will have a demonstrated commitment to the Board’s philosophy of education, an understanding of curriculum implementation, educational programming and planning, and strong leadership abilities. This position will be of interest to a highly skilled individual who is compassionate, inspiring, collaborative, committed to relationships and servant leadership, the enhancement of professional learning communities, and accountability.
The individual will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning
- Ensure Manitoba curriculum is implemented
- Coordinate the implementation and assessment of new programs and monitor student achievement
- Implement Board directives on program initiatives, research, instruction, curriculum and professional development
- Coordinate staff development, in-services, workshops, and seminars in support of divisional programs and objectives
- Coordinate surveys, tests and data gathering to maintain a high standard of education
- Assist the Superintendent with: the recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of professional staff; preparing an annual budget
A full position description is available upon request or may be accessed on the division website: www.gvsd.ca. This is a twelve-month position and will operate out of the Division Office. The position of Assistant Superintendent of Programs and Curriculum will be effective August 1, 2018.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and preferably a Master’s Degree in Education
- Valid Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or equivalent
- At least five years of teaching experience
- At least five years of education administrative experience
More Information: Visit www.gvsd.ca
Applicants are requested to submit a comprehensive resume including a statement of educational philosophy and the names of three references, all of whom must have knowledge of the applicant’s performance in the applicant’s current or recent assignment.
Assistant Superintendent Search Committee, Posting # 01-AS-18
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to noon, February 12, 2018, will be given careful consideration.