Position: School Principal
Employment: 100% Permanent
School: Pine Ridge Elementary School
Start Date: February 2019 (exact date negotiable pending availability)
Posting #: 03-PR-18
Garden Valley School Division invites applications for the position of School Principal of Pine Ridge Elementary School. February 2019 – June 2019 will be provided to the principal for school set up, staff hiring, timetabling, etc. to ensure a successful start up in September 2019.
The School Board seeks a principal with a demonstrated commitment to the Board’s philosophy of education, an understanding of early & middle year’s philosophy, and a desire to lead a caring and stimulating school learning community. The principal will provide overall school administration, instructional leadership, innovation, supervision, planning and evaluation in collaboration with a dedicated staff committed to offering an extensive range of high quality courses and programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Education Degree
- A minimum of five years of successful teaching experience
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, a Manitoba School Administrator’s Certificate
- Preferably a minimum of four years of school administration experience
- Preferably a Masters of Education Degree in administration or curriculum
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership with skills in school administration, program development/implementation, supervision, educational research and fiscal management
- Ability to create a positive school community and the community value base
Pine Ridge Elementary School, a new K-8 school with a capacity of 675 students will open in September 2019, located on Roblin Blvd in the City of Winkler’s west end. Due to enrolment growth in the 4 elementary schools in the City of Winkler, some students and staff at each facility will be re-assigned to Pine Ridge Elementary School. The new 84,000 sq. feet. elementary school, in addition to regular K-8 classrooms, will provide specialized spaces such as: science labs, an art room, a large library, computer room, resource teaching space, life-skills suite, multipurpose room, band room, home economics and industrial arts areas, and a large gymnasium.
Applications will be received at the division office, by e-mail, by fax and by regular mail. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to Monday, March 12, 2018 at 12:00 (Noon) will be given careful consideration. Only those applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants (both internal and external) must submit an application package consisting of the following documents:
- A personal resume & cover letter
- A philosophy of early & middle years education
- All relevant university transcripts supporting those levels of education as outlined in the resume
- Names of three references
Please submit the following documents to:
The Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard