Position: Vice Principal
Employment: 100% Permanent
School: Garden Valley Collegiate
Start Date: September 4, 2018
Posting #: 03-VP-18
Garden Valley School Division invites applications for the permanent position of vice principal of Garden Valley Collegiate, effective September 4, 2018.
The board seeks a vice principal with a demonstrated commitment to the board’s philosophy of education, an understanding of senior years school philosophy, and a desire to lead a caring and stimulating school learning community. The vice principal will provide overall school administration, instructional leadership, innovation, supervision, planning and evaluation in collaboration with a dedicated staff committed to offering an extensive range of high quality courses and programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Education Degree
- Preferably a Masters of Education Degree in administration or curriculum
- A minimum of five years of successful teaching experience
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, a Manitoba School Administrator’s Certificate
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership with skills in school administration, program development/implementation, supervision, educational research and fiscal management
- Ability to relate to the school community and the community value base
Garden Valley Collegiate, a Grades 9-12 high school, is located on Main Street in the City of Winkler. It has a student population of approximately 775, a teaching staff of 50 and a support staff of 30. GVC is a thriving high school learning community that offers a variety of programs in academics, fine arts, athletics and technology. For additional information visit http://gvc.gvsd.ca/.
Please submit a personal resume articulating your senior year’s philosophy, a university transcript and the names of three references to:
The Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard
Closing Date: Open until Filled