Position: Food Services Personnel
Employment Status: 50% Term (*Medical Leave)
School/Location: Garden Valley Collegiate
Start Date: September 5, 2017 – June 29, 2018
Posting #: 01-FSP-17
Garden Valley Collegiate requires a Food Services Personnel to work in collaboration with the Head Chef in the operation of a full service cafeteria. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the high quality of prepared food that meets all nutritional and dietary needs, adhering to health and safety policies and regulations, following infectious disease management guidelines, and maintaining the cafeteria in a clean and sanitary manner according to policy.
- High school diploma
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines governing the food services industry.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Maintain a current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move food, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Demonstrates GVSD Core Competencies
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to relate to the school community and community value base
The above represents general core qualifications for the position and may vary as necessary to the operations of the school/program.
Garden Valley Collegiate, a Grades 9-12 high school, is located on Main Street in the City of Winkler. It has a student population of approximately 775, a teaching staff of 50 and a support staff of 30. GVC is a thriving high school learning community that offers a variety of programs in academics, fine arts, athletics and technology. For additional information visit http://gvc.gvsd.ca/.
Salary and Benefits:
The compensation package for this position is in accordance with the 2012-2014 Food Services Personnel Salary grids. Wage range will be - $16.22 – 18.80 per hour.
You are invited to submit a GVSD application (available on our website at www.gvsd.ca) along with a resume and cover letter specifying posting number/s for which you are applying for. While we prefer to accept applications electronically, you may also submit an application by fax, by regular mail, or in person.
Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard, Winkler, MB R6W 4B3
Closing Date: Open until Filled