Garden Valley School Division Student Services are guided by a Student Services Protocol. The protocol is meant to guide the process of supporting and working effectively with students with exceptional learning needs in Garden Valley School Division.
Garden Valley School Division believes that by working together, we strengthen our capacity to provide the foundation for a richer future for all of us. We believe:
• Every student brings value to the classroom.
• Belonging is an important part of inclusion. Learners need to feel accepted, valued, and safe.
• A student’s capacity to learn and grow can only be realized and achieved through meaningful interpersonal relationships in the school community.
• Growth occurs when the learning environment respects and fosters the strengths and capabilities of all learners and provides the challenges and expectations to nurture individual achievement.
• We are responsible for creating inclusive and enabling classroom environments that address the needs of all learners.
To view the protocol, see the GVSD_Student_Services_Protocol.pdf Document