The 2018-2019 Garden Valley School Division Budget received approval at the March 13, 2018 Board meeting. The finalization of next year's budget follows a series of board strategic planning and budget consultation meetings.
The school division budget for 2018-2019 includes the following highlights:
• GVSD 2018-19 Budget = $51,528,600
• Approximately 67% comes from provincial revenue, the rest comes from local taxes.
• The mill rate will decrease from 15.99 to 15.08, resulting in a slight decrease in education taxes for most home and business owners.
• New expenditures include such things as:
- Funds to implement the division’s strategic goals of Gr. K-12 literacy, K-8 numeracy and professional learning communities.
- Funds for a bus reserve fund.
- Funds for the capital reserve for Pine Ridge Elementary School.
- Supporting the Winkler Family Resource Centre and the Imagination Library.
The presentation made at the March 13, 2018 Board meeting can be downloaded here: budget_presentation_-_Board_meeting_mar_13_2018.pdf
The GVSD annual public budget consultation meeting too place on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Parkland Elementary School Multi-purpose room. The GVSD board outlined its plans and priorities for the next school year, and the community provided feedback on the plans.
The presentation made on February 27 can be downloaded here: Budget_Consultations_Feb_2018.pdf