September 2, 2020
The Manitoba government has prepared a number of important informational resources for parents/guardians as they prepare their families for a safe and informed return to the classroom. The "Restoring Safe Schools" information package is designed to help address, in an easy to access manner, the most frequently asked questions and areas of concerns.
The province continues to work closely with Public Health, the Department of Families, and education and community stakeholders to support all students as schools resume in-class learning on September 8. The provincial resources for parents continue with a focus on the fundamentals of learning within the context of COVID-19, and include information such as the following:
• Parent Guides – providing what parents and guardians can expect when school resumes.
• Mask Use Guide – providing information and tips on the use of masks in school and on buses.
• COVID-19 Screening Protocols – tools for parents and schools to screen for signs and symptoms.
• Student learning and well-being resources - includes accommodating the unique challenges experienced by students with special learning needs.
• School operations protocols - an overview of the enhanced cleaning and school access procedures that will be followed by all schools.
• Learning resources - providing online resources for learning at home, as well as support documents for educators.
Parents/Guardians have an important role to play in the safe return to school. Modelling the behaviours needed to limit the spread of COVID-19, and talking to your child(ren) about COVID-19 continue to be important as schools begin to welcome students back safely.
The online resources for parents/guardians can be access here: https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/covid/index.html