Garden Valley School Division is seeking individuals who wish to join a team dedicated to providing students with a safe, caring, and engaging learning environment. Discover new career advancement opportunities today and be a part of an organization that is committed to excellence, collaboration and respectful relationships. GVSD invites applicants for positions of Non-Certified Substitute Teachers and Substitute Educational Assistants.
See job postings for Non-Certified Substitute Teachers and Substitute Educational Assistants. Non-Certified substitute teachers perform, as far as possible, the duties of the teacher(s) for whom they substitute for. Substitute Educational Assistants have a valued role in supporting the learning of students in the school.
Why Garden Valley School Division?
Garden Valley School Division is a dynamic and visionary school district located in the heartland of south-central Manitoba. The Division is governed by a nine-member School Board and is committed to continually building trusting relationships and servant leadership. With a student population of about 3,657 (what is current enrollment) and 750 staff, the area has experienced steady growth over the last two decades. Our board believes:
• Trusting relationships are key to creating a safe, caring, and engaging learning environment;
• In partnering with families and communities to meet the educational needs of all students;
• Educating students to be respectful people of integrity who are creative, collaborative, critical thinkers, and able to effectively communicate in a changing world.
Our board has also made the following commitments:
• We will follow Manitoba Education health mandates (e.g. updated mask requirements are being implemented as an additional layer of protection and proactive measure in an attempt to keep our schools open and operating safely).
• We commit to supporting the mental, emotional and relational health of our students;
• We commit to providing a safe and caring environment where people with varying opinions are all treated with respect and courtesy and would ask the same in return;
• We commit to respectfully listen to parents and caregivers as we navigate this school year and would ask the same in return;
• We commit to advocating that the primary focus of our GVSD Senior Administration, Principals and staff is education.