Kindergarten Registration Now Open

kindergarten 4February 1, 2021

Welcome to the 2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration for Garden Valley School Division.

To respect the Covid-19 restrictions in place and the provision for social distancing and minimal contact, registration will look a bit different than in the past.

If your child is five years old on or before December 31, 2021, they are eligible to register for Kindergarten. If you’re ready to register your child for Kindergarten, please complete and submit our registration form. You may do this in one of three ways:

1. Download the registration form, complete and email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
2. Download the registration form, print, complete and make arrangements to drop off at your catchment school or at the Division Office.
3. If there is another format required, please contact a School or the Division Office.

For families who are currently not attending school in Garden Valley School Division, and are registering a student for Kindergarten:

1. If you live in Reinfeld your catchment school will be Southwood School.
2. If you live in one of the developments north of Highway 14, your catchment school will be either Parkland Elementary School or Winkler Elementary School – as determined by the Division.

At the end of the registration period, your catchment school will contact you regarding an in-person appointment to complete the registration process. During your appointment, you will be required to bring copies of documentation as follows:

1. Proof of Student / Parent Citizenship –
a) For students who are Canadian Citizens - one of Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport or Treaty Card for student.
b) For students who are Non-Canadian citizens, bring documents for both student and a parent as follows:
- Permanent Resident Document or other Landed Immigrant papers; Refugee Status
- Temporary Resident Document such as Parent Work Visa, Parent Study Visa

2. Proof of Student’s Legal Guardian – one of Birth Certificate (long form), Passport, Landed Immigrant Papers, medical card, court-ordered document signed by a Canadian judge.

3. Proof of Student’s Age – one of Birth Certificate, Passport, or other Canadian issued identification.

4. Proof of Address for primary residence – could be utility bill, property tax bill, rental / lease agreement….

Please note
: Registration in a particular school may not result in final placement in that school.