1. Divisional Strategic Plan 2019-2020
• Trustees approved the following goals as part of the division’s strategic plan for 2019-2020:
o Mental Health and Wellness
• In addition to its continued commitment to literacy and numeracy for Kindergarten to Grade 8, the strategic plan also addresses student mental health and wellness.
• To view a more detailed presentation on the division strategic plan and the planning process, please check the website at www.gvsd.ca.
2. School Division Budget 2019-2020
• GVSD 2019-20 Budget = $51,544,500
• Approximately 67% comes from provincial revenue, the rest comes from local taxes.
• The mill rate will decrease from 15.08 to 15.02, resulting in a slight decrease in education taxes for most home and business owners.
• For more information, please see the budget presentation on the GVSD website at www.gvsd.ca.
3. Preliminary Kindergarten Enrolment 2019-2020
• Kindergarten registrations have taken place at schools throughout the division. Registrations to date are around 313 students, which was about the same at this time last year.
• Parents can still register their children for Kindergarten by contacting their local school.