1. COVID-19 Updates:
• Remote learning packages are being sent home every two weeks, and completed packages are collected at that time. Approximately 3,500 learning packages are being exchanged every two weeks.
• Teaching and learning are taking place via the remote learning packages as well as through online programming.
• For information and continued updates, please see the GVSD website at www.gvsd.ca.
2. School Play Structures Re-Open:
• Effectively May 13, 2020, all school play structures in GVSD will be re-opened to the general public.
• The public is reminded that physical distancing protocols be maintained, and basic hand hygiene procedures be followed before and after using the structures.
3. 2020-2021 Staffing Update
• To date, 50 of 57 teaching positions have been filled for 2020-2021. The remaining positions are in process and will be complete as soon as possible.
4. Winkler Elementary School Exterior Renovations
• The Public Schools Finance Branch has approved exterior renovations for Winkler Elementary School.
• The general scope of the work will include upgrading the exterior walls and roof of the oldest sections of the school.
• The consulting work and tendering of the project will take place over the winter, with a tentative construction schedule for summer of 2021.