1. Enrolment Update – September 30 enrolment numbers came in at 4296, which is up approximately 30 students from projected enrolments.
2. NPC Sod Turning – On Thursday, October 13 @ 1:00 pm a sod turning ceremony will be held on the site of Northlands Parkway Collegiate. Following the ceremony, everyone is invited for a light snack at the division office and an opportunity to view current drawings of NPC.
3. NPC Transitions Committee – The board approved a transitions timeline for NPC. According to this timeline, the principal position will be hired for a start date of semester 2 in February 2013. Other details of the timeline will be shared with staff during the month of October.
4. Prairie Dale School Grand Opening – On October 28 from 2:00 - 5:30 pm there will be a grand opening ceremony at Prairie Dale School. An official ceremony will be held in the school gymnasium with staff and students at 2:00 pm followed by school tours and refreshments.
5. Strategic Plan Update – Senior Administration provided an update to trustees on the current goals of the division’s strategic plan for 2011-2012. Further updates will be provided in February and May.
1. Annual Audit – A special board meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 25 @ 7:00 am to receive and approve the audited financial statements for 2010-2011.
1. Projects Update –
a. Northlands Parkway Collegiate – Topsoil clearing has been done and contractors are working on getting the pilings in place. Penn-Co, the construction company, has erected a temporary construction office on the southwest corner of the property.
1. Board Committee Structure – The Board is piloting a different “Standing Committee” meeting structure. The Education, Operations, and Finance committees will now meet in Committee of the Whole (one meeting with all trustees present) with each committee chair reporting at the public board meeting.