· GVSD will be recognizing the contributions of all staff to the division and offering appreciation for the incredible work they do.
· Trustees will be visiting schools within the division to bring a token of appreciation and to present service awards to qualifying staff.
2. Provincial School Bus Purchase Tender 2012-13
· GVSD will not participate in the provincial tender to purchase school buses.
· The process does not provide timely delivery of the buses or any cost savings.
· As in the past, GVSD will purchase buses on their own to ensure fall delivery.
3. 2012-2013 Budget Consultations
· GVSD invites all Advisory Councils and the general public to attend a public 2012-2013 budget consultation meeting February 21 @ 7:00 pm at Prairie Dale School.
· City and Municipal Counselors have been invited to a separate budget consult meeting with the School Board on February 22 @ 7:00 am at the Division Office.
· Other consults include input from the Garden Valley Teachers’ Association on January 12 and GVSD school principals on January 24, 2012.
4. Strategic Planning “Progress Report” Event
· On January 20, 2012 trustees, senior administration and school principals reviewed progress made on the strategic plan objectives and goals, discussed next steps, and looked at potential 2012-13 budget implications.