1. Plum Coulee School Presentation • Principal Mary Eberling-Penner provided an overview of the K-4 literacy initiative and shared recent student results. It was noted the number of students reading at or above grade level is increasing annually, with anywhere from 75% - 93% of students reading at or above grade level. • Staff member Claire Goertzen was joined
1. Divisional Strategic Plan 2016-2017 • Trustees approved the following goals as part of the division’s strategic plan for 2016-2017: o Literacy o Numeracy o Professional Learning
1. Winkler Elementary School Presentation
- Principal Barbara Neufeld, along with teachers Ashly Dyck, Sarah Hawley, Mary-Anna Aaldyk-Doerksen, Laura Unger, Alwin Friesen, and Cindy Kalansky presented an overview of the Winkler Elementary School Plan.
1. Garden Valley Collegiate Presentation • Principal Scott Jantzen and Vice Principal Carrie Friesen provided a presentation on GVC’s work on belonging and engagement. • By using the 3-block model of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), GVC is working to increase students sense of belonging and engagement.
1. GVSD Board To Invite Education Minister Allum To Discuss New School Request • To further discuss GVSD’s Five Year Capital Plan request for a new K-8 school, the Board will invite Minister James Allum to the division.