Position: School Bus Mechanic
Employment Status: 100% Permanent (8 hours per day)
Location: Centre-Line Pupil Transportation
Start Date: ASAP
Posting #: 01-SBM-21
Centre-Line Pupil Transportation is a bus garage facility located between Winkler and Morden. Over 100 school buses from Garden Valley and Western school division are serviced, repaired and inspected. This is a clean and positive work environment and the shop has up to date tooling and diagnostic capabilities. The work schedule is Monday to Friday day shift.
Salary and Benefits:
A comprehensive benefit package includes extended health/dental/vison, paid sick leave and pension plan with matching contributions in accordance with GVSD policy. Salary range will be determined based on qualifications, knowledge and abilities.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Manitoba “Truck & Transport Mechanic” Journeyman Certificate or equivalent: 6 years previous diesel or gas vehicle repair experience, or registered apprentice in truck & transport mechanic trade
- Eligible to perform safety inspections on school buses
- Own and maintain required tools
- Proficiency in electronic/electrical diagnosis and repair is an asset.
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of all shop equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills in relating with staff
- Strong oral, written communication and computer skills
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s licence Class 5, class 2 licence considered an asset
You are invited to complete and submit a cover letter, resume and application form. All cover letters are to specify posting number(s) for which your application is to be considered. While we prefer to accept applications electronically, you may also submit an application by fax, by regular mail, or in person to:
Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard, Winkler, MB R6W 4B3
Closing Date: Open until Filled