Job Title: Junior Custodian
Job Status: Permanent (8 hours per day, Monday to Friday)
(Note: Schedule will be 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., on regular school days and daytime hours during school breaks).
Location: Winkler Elementary School
Start Date: ASAP
Posting #: 01-JC-21
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous cleaning or custodial experience an asset
- Attention to detail required
- Ability to work independently required
- Mechanical ability and comprehension an asset
- Problem solving Skills an asset
- Satisfactory Pre-Employment Security Checks
- Ability to relate to the school community and community value base
Winkler Elementary School (WES) is a K-8 school in the heart of Winkler with a student population of about 360 students, a teaching staff of about 28 and support staff of about 22. WES offers a full range of academic programs including Middle Years Exploratory courses that include Home Economics and Industrial Arts. Second language instruction begins in grade 4 with French and German as options. In addition, the school has a band program that starts in grade five. Students in grades 7 and 8 have opportunities for a wide range of extra-curricular sports programs that include soccer, basketball, volleyball, track, badminton and cross country. The school is particularly noted for its vocal and instrumental extra-curricular jazz groups.
Salary and Benefits:
The compensation package for this position is in accordance with the GVSD Policy. Class 4 Positions - $16.26 - $21.12 per hour, plus applicable vacation allocation.
GVSD Employee benefit package includes:
- Employer matched pension plan
- Employer paid annual vacation leave
- Extended Health Care and Dental Coverage
- Employer paid compassionate leave, personal leave, family leave, sick leave and long-term disability leave
- Life insurance available to 500% of earnings
You are invited to complete and submit a Resume. All resumes are to specify posting number(s) for which your application is to be considered. While we prefer to accept applications electronically, you may also submit an application by fax, by regular mail, or in person to:
Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard, Winkler, MB R6W 4B3
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Note: Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of full vaccination or undertake mandatory COVID-19 testing up to three times per week. These requirements are in accordance with current Manitoba Public Health Guidelines.